Wednesday, October 1, 2008

lawd have mercy, free at last

the cat seems more comfortable here than I do, already. I know it's only that I am the finicky, suspicious one of the two of us, but it's going to take me a couple of days to get settled. (this plan entails several bubble baths in my fabulous new claw foot tub.) I woke up at 4am because of the absence of familiar street noise, and then at 6 when the sun began rising I padded around the house in a t-shirt and my underwear in the grey light, investigating my new amenities. all that's left of my belongings at treehouse are my wallstuffs which I plan on retrieving later, and then I'll be gone for good. gone for good to 5 blocks away, but gone nonetheless. it's a charming prospect that the likelihood of ever running into constance in my kitchen has been nearly obliterated (though I am not ignorant to the ways of the small world), and that I will hopefully soon regain knowledge of what it's like to sleep 8 hours, bathe, and go about my business in a productive manner. jon is toxic, and elvis has left the wasteland.

my first treehouse photo, morning after the housewarming





and the last... RIP treehouse.

No comments: